Thanksgiving

Not everyone likes Thanksgiving, but if you celebrate the day, I hope yours is a great one!

This entry was posted in Life As a Shared Adventure. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Thanksgiving

1. Cindi says:

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
    xoxoxoxo
    Cindi´s last blog post ..Blue

2. Linda Sand says:

Cracked me up. Thanks for the belly laugh.

3. nick says:

I gather from comments on someone else’s blog that most Americans prefer Thanksgiving to Christmas. They prefer the food (usually turkey) and they prefer the occasion. Is that your opinion also?

• Jean says:

No, around here people usually have a feast for Thanksgiving, but Christmas gets most of the attention. In our local supermarket they start Christmas right after Halloween — it used to be after Thanksgiving.
      Jean´s last blog post ..Thanksgiving

4. Rummuser says:

We don’t celebrate here though commercial interests are trying to get that changed. Anyway, happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Tomorrow, I am having dinner with local alumni and a visiting one, How is that for thanks giving?
    Rummuser´s last blog post ..Karma In Indian Politics.

5. tammy j says:

LOL!
    happy thanksgiving dear monk!
    and it’s true nick…
    it does seem to be all Americans’ favorite holiday.
    in spite of all the horrible travelling done on it… and the jokes made…
    about gathering together of all kinds… everyone seems to always list it
    as the one they like the most. 😀 XO
    tammy j´s last blog post ..moving on old bean

• Jean says:

I didn’t know that! Thank you. 🙂
      Jean´s last blog post ..Thanksgiving

• Cindi says:

Not mine.
      As I type this, the turkey had to be put back into the oven because it was pink. Pray that I don’t end up with salmonella.
      I had to leave the room as an argument was happening just before that but I definitely heard the words “it’s pink!” from the living room.
      So far, I’ve only been insulted once….
      Yep. Not MY favorite holiday.
      😉
      Cindi´s last blog post ..Blue

• Jean says:

That’s too bad, Cindi! That’s not what the day should be about.
      Jean´s last blog post ..Thanksgiving

6. Cathy in NZ says:

it’s not celebrated here either, we seem to just be in Christmas mode of getting that underway about now – decorations up in many places, Santa’s already at my local Mall, but not sure which end. He’s usually down the library entrance end, but I see Spark is setting up a kiosk (spark is a telecommunications provider….and they have moved out their current space due to presumed building structure problems to do with whether Mall will withstand an earthquake…) a few other services have closed down one end including a bank…

• Jean says:

Most stores close Thanksgiving Day here, and our supermarket closes at 4 PM. Also a lot of people take the day after off, so a lot of the restaurants close for a 4-day weekend. They do most of their business at lunch, so it makes sense.
      Jean´s last blog post ..Thanksgiving